Re: xfsprogs for-next build error on Debian Wheezy / amd64

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs for-next build error on Debian Wheezy / amd64
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:44:45 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 06:34:41PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 01:24:15AM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 06:19:14PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> > > Does the problem go away after a 'make distclean'?
> >
> > No. Neither a distclean nor a fresh clone fixes the issue.
> >
> > Also disabling the crc32ctest target I get similar error in other
> > code.
> >
> > Note that the master branch is doing fine.
>
> Yeah, it's to do with the libxfs restructure in the for-next branch
> to ring it up to the same as the 4.1 kernel. Can you dump the output
> of 'ls -l include/xfs' and attach your include/platform_defs.h file?

Looking at my tree, I suspect it is a missing link from
include/xfs/platform_defs.h -> include/platform_defs.h.

I don't have that link in my tree, and so it's pulling
/usr/include/xfs/platform_defs.h into the build and hence not
failing on my build machine. Not sure where it's getting that
include rule from yet...

Cheers,

Dave.
--