Re: XFS crashes on VMs

To: Shrinand Javadekar <shrinand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS crashes on VMs
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:27:17 -0500
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
That's not a crash. That is xfs detecting on disk corruption which likely
happened at some time prior. You should unmount and run xfs_repair, possibly
with ân first if you would like to do a dry run to see what it might do.  If
you get fresh corruption after a full repair, then that becomes more
interesting. It's possible that you have a problem with the underlying block
layer or it's possible that it is an xfs bug -  but I think this is not
something that we have seen before.

Eric