XFS crashes on VMs

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS crashes on VMs
From: Shrinand Javadekar <shrinand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 16:06:24 -0700
Hi,

I am running Openstack Swift in a VM with XFS as the underlying
filesystem. This is generating a metadata heavy workload on XFS.
Essentially, it is creating a new directory and a new file (256KB) in
that directory. This file has extended attributes of size 243 bytes.

I am seeing the following two crashes of the machine:

http://pastie.org/pastes/10210974/text?key=xdmfvaocvawnyfmkb06zg

AND

http://pastie.org/pastes/10210975/text?key=rkiljsdaucrk7frprzgqq

I have only seen these when running in a VM. We have run several tests
on physical server but have never seen these problems.

Are there any known issues with XFS running on VMs?

Thanks in advance.
-Shri