hard reboot, no XFS messages

To: XFS <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: hard reboot, no XFS messages
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 02:52:55 +0200
Hi there,
IÂm totally new to XFS.

Recently my Linux box was stuck and I had to reboot it hard.
After the reboot I was surprised, there were no error messages or corrupt inodes.

Usually on my ext4 root partition there are always some damaged inodes that get deleted. But my /home XFS partition seemed to have suffered zero effect from cold reboot.

Is this normal for XFS that a cold reboot is handled that smooth?

The XFS /home partition was created with Linux kernel 3.16.3.

The only messages I saw in /var/log/messages was this:

SGI XFS with ACLs, security attributes, realtime, large block/inode numbers, no debug enabled
XFS (dm-0): Mounting V4 Filesystem
XFS (dm-0): Starting recovery (logdev: internal)
XFS (dm-0): Ending recovery (logdev: internal)

On the net some people say XFS was very robust, but I did not expect it is that smooth after a cold reset... And other people said they were in hell with XFS...

Thanks