On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 03:11:54PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 09:09:42AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 14:34:35 +0100
> > Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 05:42:58PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > > > You'd basically just be pulling my tree (Christoph's is just my nfsd
> > > > tree with his patches on top, and I've been testing with exactly that
> > > > locally, just putting off pushing it out till we decide this.)
> > > >
> > > > So anyway, fine with me if you want to just pull that into the xfs tree.
> > > > Mine's ready whenever, so if I send my pull pretty soon after the merge
> > > > window and you send it a little later then we still keep the property
> > > > that Linus's merge still has a diffstat only in our respective areas.
> > > >
> > > > (OK, it's a little more complicated because I've got the same
> > > > arrangement with jlayton, so the order is jlayton's lock pull, then my
> > > > nfsd pull, then your xfs pull. Is this getting too complicated?
> > > > jlayton and I are both ready to so and I think it'd work.)
> > > >
> > > > I'm also fine with duplicating those few patches, or whatever.
> > >
> > > Maybe the better idea is to pull the xfs tree in the nfsd tree, but
> > > that would require Dave sending an early pull request so that the
> > > nfsd pull doesn't get delayed.
> > >
> > > Or we just defer the pnfsd merge. While I tried to get it in in time
> > > for 3.20 all the delays during review mean we're really late no and should
> > > punt it to 3.21.
> > FWIW, I plan to send a pull request for the locking changes as soon as
> > the merge window opens. Hopefully that won't be an issue for long...
> This includes Christoph's branch (all but the final xfs commits):
> git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git for-3.20
> That's what I intend to submit. Hope that's OK. Then it's up to Dave
> whether he wants to pull that in and include the xfs patches.
I'm about to send a pull request to Linus for the current XFS tree.
Once that is merged, I'll pull in the remaining xfs-pnfs patches
and send another pull request to Linus after the NFS tree is merged.