[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [PATCH 19/20] xfs: implement pNFS export operations

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [PATCH 19/20] xfs: implement pNFS export operations
From: Jeff Layton <jeff.layton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 09:09:42 -0500
Cc: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Delivered-to: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
In-reply-to: <20150208133435.GA27081@xxxxxx>
References: <1421925006-24231-1-git-send-email-hch@xxxxxx> <1421925006-24231-20-git-send-email-hch@xxxxxx> <20150205004758.GO4251@dastard> <20150205070858.GA593@xxxxxx> <20150205135756.GA6386@xxxxxx> <20150206222047.GM12722@dastard> <20150206224258.GJ29783@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <20150208133435.GA27081@xxxxxx>
On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 14:34:35 +0100
Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 05:42:58PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > You'd basically just be pulling my tree (Christoph's is just my nfsd
> > tree with his patches on top, and I've been testing with exactly that
> > locally, just putting off pushing it out till we decide this.)
> > 
> > So anyway, fine with me if you want to just pull that into the xfs tree.
> > Mine's ready whenever, so if I send my pull pretty soon after the merge
> > window and you send it a little later then we still keep the property
> > that Linus's merge still has a diffstat only in our respective areas.
> > 
> > (OK, it's a little more complicated because I've got the same
> > arrangement with jlayton, so the order is jlayton's lock pull, then my
> > nfsd pull, then your xfs pull.  Is this getting too complicated?
> > jlayton and I are both ready to so and I think it'd work.)
> > 
> > I'm also fine with duplicating those few patches, or whatever.
> Maybe the better idea is to pull the xfs tree in the nfsd tree, but
> that would require Dave sending an early pull request so that the
> nfsd pull doesn't get delayed.
> Or we just defer the pnfsd merge.  While I tried to get it in in time
> for 3.20 all the delays during review mean we're really late no and should
> punt it to 3.21.

FWIW, I plan to send a pull request for the locking changes as soon as
the merge window opens. Hopefully that won't be an issue for long...

Jeff Layton <jeff.layton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>