Re: weird quota issue

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: weird quota issue
From: Charles Weber <chaweber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:34:42 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:message-id:mime-version:subject:date:references :to:in-reply-to; bh=X0h1UQ3UW9VgHZ8H7VF1jXAmBOSC+p3kDtcJzxbTvbs=; b=UiqT47EsIALaTFyMPBz/xZtXLJYH3MCa3tgdVYXMjOiicpYbNraikOvcwEjaZ7to6L itI37UEmKJ+16BvJbSWjEBdFVhWzZ/uBnG78uz8UhsMBnkNI7Zms3AUqGE7lW184YADW qriDiPtNdRTJg2FHV73nU8U2+/Uk7IRHwoYO1wk99XDSzsgSgFvXtr0L+JvWSZqL+/6J eu+Cgdi46jtkvTaj6/Ij4shdkj2OhDxyplyHrlBZfKVb2e3kpc5QqRkSoFnCxDiUb5F8 eIuG947ATz08v53f5VPgxHu7iIGWxu/jvVzVWIrkWR6WfFWtsP/i41YsJPW7gOlJxoxQ 6kcw==
Odd fix but there you go.
1. I saw in earlier list mail to look at /proc/self/mounts.
Indeed my /home was mounted there with the noquota option, even though the fstab clearly stated the quota user and project options.
This persisted even if I dismounted and ran xfs_repair of the partition in question.

2. I rebooted with a forcefsck file. After the reboot/fsck, proc and fstab now match. Both list the partition with valid quota options.