Slow dir / Performance.

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Slow dir / Performance.
From: "Stefan Bottelier | Sharper.nl" <stefan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 09:26:10 +0100
Hello,

We have 2 Equallogic Systems, And a Dell Servers.

We have every server give a block device home dir , so the user data are on the home dir this is working great its format on xfs filesystem, and running iscsiadm version 2.0-870 with linux kernel 3.10.62

But when we logging on the server, the first time we do a dir command on the home dir, its take a long time when we get feedback on the dir , the next time is fast when we do a dir. Now we have users on this systems and this problem give not good performance on sql and websites an e-mail we are running on the server.

Are the some information how i can fix ore maybe get this problem better under control ?

I hope so that somebody can help me, i am searching for more than 3 weeks now.

Thanks,
Stefan