Re: no quota output if no usage?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: no quota output if no usage?
From: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:32:25 +0100
Cc: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed 26-11-14 18:28:32, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 11/26/14 4:18 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
>
> >> Or am I missing something ...
> >
> > Nope, I'm confusing different reporting command behaviour....
>
> Ok, so back to the original question: think it's cool to drop
> the verbose requirement to find out limits when there is 0 usage?
  Just as a data point quota(1) command from quota-tools also doesn't
report quota entries where no space & inode is accounted without -v option.
I never thought it's particularly useful but apparently it's some heritage
from the original implementation of quota in some Unix and so I decided to
maintain compatibility...

                                                                Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>