Re: Virtual Block device resize corrupts XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Virtual Block device resize corrupts XFS
From: Markus <markus.rhonheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 19:24:40 +0100
Hi,

I am in a foreign country right now, but I will be back next week, will write all information down as soon as I am back.

kind regards

Markus

Am 16.11.2014 um 20:34 schrieb Markus Rhonheimer:
Hi,

I am running Centos 7 and have created a virtual block device with ZFS (ZVOL). I put XFS onto the block device without partitioning it.

This worked very well as storage disk for a VM.

A few days ago I wanted to increase the size of the block device, but accidently decreased it by 1 TB (from 7 to 6). I found out about it and immediately increased the size of the drive to 8 TB afterward.

The XFS partition can still be mounted and I can list the files on it, but xfs_repair -n says: "Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock"

Is there the possibility to rescue some files?

kind regards

Markus