RE: clone of filesystem across network preserving ionodes

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: clone of filesystem across network preserving ionodes
From: "Meij, Henk" <hmeij@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 21:10:10 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
inodes, yes, yes.  I tried xfs_copy but ran into a problem. server1 and server2
each have 4x28T partitions and on server1 writing the file to one empty
partition mounted never finishes, hangs at 90%...presumably because it runs out
of space (file size == sdbx). there is no "skip empty inodes" option and
perhaps there can't be...and I have nothing larger. I guess I could attempt
making sdb4 slightly larger by reducing sdb1-3.

Thanks,
-Henk