XFS shrinking planned?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS shrinking planned?
From: Spelic <spelic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:19:14 +0100
Hello all,
XFS is such a good high performance filesystem, kudos for that.

However for large filesystems (which are mainly those that require high performance) the ability to shrink would be really needed. People usually do not have double the space so to move files to a smaller XFS filesystem, and the inability of XFS to shrink forbids major reorganizations of the storage systems.

Currently, for that reason I use ext4. Performance is still decent and flexibility is higher due to the ability to shrink, but I would use XFS if it could shrink.

I suppose shrinking ability is not even planned, is it?

Thank you
S.