Re: Why not move xfs infra-structure to "public" services

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why not move xfs infra-structure to "public" services
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 06:00:46 +1000
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:18:57AM -0300, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm sorry for this kind of "fancy" question from my side, but I'm wondering
> why
> xfs project infra-structure (mailing list, git trees), does not use the "usual
> public" services. I mean, does anyone thought about moving xfs mailing list to
> vger.kernel.org, and the git trees to git.kernel.org?

I'm already using git.kernel.org for my master XFS trees. The ones
on oss.sgi.com are simply now downstream mirrors. There's still a
few things I need to organise (e.g. where release tarballs are put)
before we make the kernel.org trees the official source of XFS
source code.

don't use it. Again, more organisation stuff to do to switch over
(i.e. forwarding from xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx to the vger list) and then
updating documentation everywhere and getting people to start using
it.

Cheers,

Dave.
--