Re: What's up with this list?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What's up with this list?
From: Troy McCorkell <tdm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:33:52 -0500

Hi,

Now an then I get messages like this:

++ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Your membership in the mailing list xfs has been disabled due to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
18-Sep-2014. You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership. You will receive 3 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted.

To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
(leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page at

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ++-

Bounces? I'm subscribed to several mail lists, and this is the only one "complaining". And as I do not know what messages bounced, I can not investigate it.

My guess is that those emails were clear and flagrant spam, and as such were rejected by my ISP.

The mail list should refuse them on entry and not resend them to the listers.

- -- Cheers,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ Carlos E. R.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)