Re: Corrupted files

To: Leslie Rhorer <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Corrupted files
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 18:08:04 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:21:37 -0500
Leslie Rhorer <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Ãcrivait:

> I have tried running xfs_repair several times,
> but any attempt to access these files continuously reports "cannot
> stat XXXXXXXX: Structure needs cleaning".

I won't agree with Sean here(1). Most of the time xfs_repair ends with
the expected result; however many distros (particularly centOS) provide
positively ancient versions. You'd better grab a recent version (3.1 or
better).

(1) in particular on the "run for weeks" part. I've never had
xfs_repair take more than a couple of hours, even on badly damaged
filesystems in the hundred of terabytes range.