Re: Run out of inodes?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Run out of inodes?
From: Samuel Granjeaud <samuel.granjeaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:22:03 +0200

Eric Sandeen wrote, On 29/08/14 17:02:

You'll want to be using the inode64 mount option for this filesystem; I'm
surprised the openfiler folks didn't do this by default.

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_is_the_inode64_mount_option_for.3F
Well, I am using the 2.3 version; may be the 2.99 version does it.
add it to fstab for this filesystem, reboot the box (or unmount/mount the
filesystem) and all should be well.
I added the option and rebooted the system. A short rsync ran successfully, but it may not have exhausted the pool of previously released inodes. Tonight a bigger rsync will take place and I will let you know the result.

Thanks for pointing me this option, that I hesitated to apply.