File System Corruption - Internal error xfs_dir3_data_reada_verify

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: File System Corruption - Internal error xfs_dir3_data_reada_verify
From: Richard Neuboeck <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:42:26 +0200
Hi,

for some time now our storage machine using XFS stops the file
system due to some reason I don't seem to have found so far. In this
process the file system gets corrupted and the attached trace log is
shown. After xfs_repair is run it's running again for an always
changing amount of time. In general it fails within a few hours or
days. There are no relevant log messages before the entries shown
below and no immediate actions that lead to this condition. So far
my experiments (Ubuntu upgrade from 10.04 to 14.04, different kernel
versions, changes to the hypervisor) didn't show any lasting effects
(positive or negative). If any one could shed some light on what XFS
is trying to tell me it would be highly appreciated.

I've found the mention of 'xfs_dir3_data_reada_verify' in the
mailing list but didn't find a solution that was applicable.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
Kernel: 3.13.0-32-generic
Machine: Virtual, gets an LVM device (/dev/vdb)

The system hosting the virtual machine is Ubuntu lucid (10.04LTS)
x86_64. There are no log messages related to this incident on this
machine.

--
/dev/null