Re: Verifier fixes backported to stable kernels?

To: Fanael Linithien <fanael4@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Verifier fixes backported to stable kernels?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 10:54:04 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 09:23:46PM +0200, Fanael Linithien wrote:
> Will the verifier fixes get backported to 3.15 and/or 3.16, or do we
> have to wait for 3.17?

What fixes are you talking about? List of commits, please, noting
whether the commit already has a "cc: <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" in
it or not.

> I don't want to wait for 3.17. My / has just been eaten by this bug,
> and I'm reluctant to reinstall until it's fixed.

Patch your kernel with the fixes you've identified are necessary,
then - it can take some time for fixes to propagate through the
stable process....

Cheers,

Dave.
--