Re: xfs_metadump from Blur Studio

To: Duane Powell <duane@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_metadump from Blur Studio
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:59:19 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:58:30AM -0700, Duane Powell wrote:
> XFS!,
>
> corrupt dinode 1124573, extent total = 1, nblocks = 0.  This is a bug.
> Please capture the filesystem metadata with xfs_metadump and
> report it to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Why were you repairing the filesystem? What went wrong?

Also:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

> dump to big to email, please use this ftp account.
>
> ftp.blur.com
> user: xsi
> password: smoke.water.775

220 Blur Studio's FTP Server (ftp.blur.com)
Name (ftp.blur.com:dave): xsi
331 Username OK, please send password.
Password:
530 Login failed.
Login failed.

> ./pickup/xfs.bug.dump

Please compress it with bzip2 first - I'm upside down at the end of
a long piece of wet string, so compression of the dump image will
save a lot of time...

Cheers,

Dave.
--