Fwd: XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: XFS
From: Somdeep Dey <somdeepdey10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:53:26 +0530
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=NqiF7vFmP0vAWTNTySg1ZxXOQn+rqTBWpeO1joG8ZvI=; b=GLvNbZOipjMuJFE6cbwlKIivjU0W+gzC71pBxacxaIkE9WU+CvyyoeF74W5ndj1WEE c1V9KFsM5lDArgPHdl+WPX1+vcfFTk+An64xPPv29EBKKY5pEb5UxVdqHGNv2eQEFSET a3y9R3BFItY2BQ+np7Z2IOH31G5C5vOGOPPXndn1q9aOi1jdV8i3ZbF7dQ9vApJycsw8 uhl9A3FUMUuPcOgz45kmnAWjHlPE7hX58Ieu3Yvdke0uvaIWEUXr5Qt/Zr5ky500XmjS ytL80BnyosJMIrd68BMjjvIz2vQ6Khc7kKLL51NGVlvR2Hr/YjnlUXceUWtfgpdkEyil 22Xg==

Hello,
We are a group of students that are currently pursuing our undergraduate degrees in Computer Science from Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT), Maharashtra, India. We will be graduating in June 2015 and are currently in our final year. For our final year B.E project we have selected the domain as Systems and would be very interested in working in the field of journalling file systems, which is where we stumbled upon XFS.
ÂÂÂÂ Over the past few weeks we have been extensively studying the various features and working principles which has allowed this filesystem to prosper. It will be a great learning opportunity for us to work with XFS and in turn work with you. As per given on theÂhttp://xfs.org/Âwebsite for contributions, we would appreciate if you could steer us towards the direction of choosing the right topic and working towards culminating a project in the same, which would be helpful for the community.
ÂÂÂÂÂ Following are a few details which includes information about us, which would help you in making an informed decision:

1) Group name: A-DRS
ÂÂÂÂ It is our constant belief that inquisitiveness is the best teacher. For each one of us, coming together as a group has allowed us to begin the journey of learning and innovating. We have been working together since December 2012 and have completed numerous projects in our college and for organizations, some of which you can view at out GitHub account link : (Âhttps://github.com/a-drs?tab=contributions&from=2014-07-18Â).Â

2) Group members:
ÂÂÂÂÂ Somdeep Dey (somdeepdey10@xxxxxxxxxÂ,Âin.linkedin.com/pub/somdeep-dey/a0/124/bb7/)

3) We have two mentors working with us, who will be guiding us throughout the process
ÂÂÂÂÂ Nafisa Mandliwala (nafisa.madliwala@xxxxxxxxx)
ÂÂÂÂÂ Swapnil Pimpale (pimplae.swapnil@xxxxxxxxx)

4) Development time ( 6 to 7 months from August to February )

We would love to hear from about any ideas that you see fit for us to pursue and which are feasible in the specified time frame. Hoping to hear from you soon, and thanking you in anticipation.

Thanking you,
A-DRS.