Here's v2 of sysfs support for XFS. The previous version is available
This version is rebased onto the latest for-next and further cleans up
the code to use some abstractions for sysfs object maintenance and
associated helpers. As noted in the v1 thread, I think the current doc
patch already indicates that the sysfs attrs are not considered stable.
Unless there is further feedback on that front, I'll leave that patch as
- Rebased to latest for-next (error negation, libxfs).
- Introduce xfs_kobj container for kobject and completion.
- Genericize kobject release function.
- Move snprintf() outside of iclog lock in log_head_lsn_show(). Clean up
- Move sysfs infrastructure code to new source file, add helpers for
object initialization, etc.
- Created an xfs_mount->xlog object heirarchy for attributes associated
with the log.
- Renamed the reserve/write grant head attributes to
- Use the 'cycle:block' or 'cycle:bytes' decimal format for attributes
(rather than export encoded values).
- Included generic mountfs fix and doc.
Brian Foster (6):
xfs: fix a couple error sequence jumps in xfs_mountfs()
xfs: add a sysfs kset
xfs: add xfs_mount sysfs kobject
xfs: add xlog sysfs kobject and attribute handlers
xfs: add log attributes for log lsn and grant head data
xfs: document log sysfs attributes in testing ABI
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-fs-xfs | 39 ++++++++
fs/xfs/Makefile | 1 +
fs/xfs/xfs_linux.h | 11 +++
fs/xfs/xfs_log.c | 9 ++
fs/xfs/xfs_log_priv.h | 2 +
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.c | 18 +++-
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.h | 1 +
fs/xfs/xfs_super.c | 12 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_sysfs.c | 165 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
fs/xfs/xfs_sysfs.h | 59 ++++++++++++
10 files changed, 313 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-fs-xfs
create mode 100644 fs/xfs/xfs_sysfs.c
create mode 100644 fs/xfs/xfs_sysfs.h