Re: Null pointer dereference while at ACL limit on v5 XFS

To: "Michael L. Semon" <mlsemon35@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Null pointer dereference while at ACL limit on v5 XFS
From: Mark Tinguely <tinguely@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:13:10 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 06/23/14 17:08, Mark Tinguely wrote:
On 06/23/14 16:48, Michael L. Semon wrote:
At the ACL limit of v5-superblock XFS--with a directory filled with
both default
and access ACL entries--I'm getting a null pointer dereference on x86
after
creating the directory successfully.

Disclaimer: There's some current issues on 32-bit x86 that, for
instance, can
make badblocks see phantom bad blocks on a read test. My apologies in
advance
if this turns out to be a false alarm bug report.

My first encounter with this issue involved fsstress. Here's part of a
`crash`
session from the fsstress run.

root@oldsvrhw:/mnt/crashdump/xfs-fsstress-max-acl-2# crash vmlinux
System.map vmcore
crash 7.0.4
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Michael, do you have the vmcore dump for this or was this just from the
> messages.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Mark.

ummm, duh me. you were running crash ...

Can I look at the core?

--Mark.