Re: [GIT PULL] xfs: fixes for 3.15-rc6

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] xfs: fixes for 3.15-rc6
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 16:01:39 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:53:20PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:11:44PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > Can you please pull the updates listed below? I found a bunch of
> > error sign issues while determine what we need to do to rid XFS of
> > this problem permanently. A couple of the bugs are in data integirty
> > operations, a couple more are in the new COLLAPSE_RANGE code. One of
> > these came in through a recent ext4 merge and so I had to update the
> > base tree to 3.15-rc5 before fixing the issues.
>
> Doesn't this miss the log roundin fix?

I'm still verifying/testing that fix (a several day stress
test was need to uncover it in the first place). It will need to be pushed back
the -stable kernels, anyway, so it doesn't really matter which
kernel it goes into as long as it has the cc: stable tag in it...

> Linus said he is away for about a weeke anyway, while we're at it.

I missed that. Not a big problem, I'll just resend the pull request
when he gets back...

Cheers,

Dave.
--