Re: Separate mailing list for xfstests

To: Lukáš Czerner <lczerner@xxxxxxxxxx>, dchinner@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 09:52:06 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/14/14, 8:20 AM, Lukáš Czerner wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I am wondering whether you're open to the idea of creating separate
> mailing list for xfstests. It is no longer xfs specific project and
> even though you're still a maintainer of the project, other fs folks
> are definitely interested in the development process, but not
> everyone might be interested in receiving everything from the
> xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx list.
>
> To speak for myself I would like to help with review of xfstests
> patches as well, but I rarely go through my xfs folder
> unfortunately.
>
> linux-fsdevel might seem as a good candidate for it, but still I
> think that it deserves a separate ML to point people to.
>
> What do you think ?

That sounds pretty reasonable to me.  We've always encouraged submissions
to cc: the other relevant lists (i.e. linux-ext4 if it's an ext4-specific
patch) and would probably still encourage that, but even from the other
angle (keeping i.e. ext4-specific and btrfs-specific patches off the
xfs list) this sounds like a good idea.

-Eric