xfs spanning over ssd and hdd

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs spanning over ssd and hdd
From: Matthias Neuer <mneuer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:58:58 +0200
Hi.

I have a slow and big hdd and a fast but small ssd and want to test the following setup but don't know if it's possible.

Use LVM to concatenate the ssd and the hdd linearly. Create a xfs filesystem on this device such that the sdd is filled first, i.e. data is written to the ssd as long as there is free space, otherwise the data is written to the hdd.

I have applications which may benefit from this setup but I am not sure so I need to do some benchmarks.

Thanks for your help
Matthias