xfs readdir hang on for-next (3.15.0-rc1)

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs readdir hang on for-next (3.15.0-rc1)
From: Brian Foster <bfoster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:43:14 -0400
Hi all,

This is a heads up that I'm seeing a blatant readdir hang on the current
for-next with selinux enabled. To reproduce, I format a clean fs, mount
and attempt an ls.

The problem does not occur with selinux disabled, if I back out the
following commit:

40194ecc6d78 xfs: reinstate the ilock in xfs_readdir

... or if I remove the locking around xfs_attr_get(), so I suspect this
is another instance of a recursive deadlock. I'm getting no output
whatsoever in order to confirm this and it also leads to a complete
system lockup. It's also interesting that this hasn't been observed
until now, given the above commit was introduced in 3.14. So the above
commit doesn't appear to be the most recent change that triggers this.

I reproduced on the latest linus tree and do not reproduce on 3.14, so
I'm trying to do a bisect to find out what else might have changed to
trigger this.

Brian