Re: XFS on Fedora i686, armv7hl

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS on Fedora i686, armv7hl
From: Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:19:12 -0700
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Feb 27, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:37:59PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> Btrfs volume mounts OK, although I don't know if it actually
>> withstands significant use.
>> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/80784/93470280/
>
> I bet that's because nobody has filled a btrfs filesystem past the
> point where it tries to access beyond 16TB on a 32 bit system and so
> it's never been reported as a bug… :/

Guess what? Someone just ran into what sounded like this very problem today on
the Btrfs list [1]. So I reported it and referenced this thread, and it looks
like you were correct. Josef is on it [2].

Chris Murphy

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg31856.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg31862.html