XFS on Fedora i686, armv7hl

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFS on Fedora i686, armv7hl
From: Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 22:37:59 -0700
Hi,

Fedora is considering XFS as their default file system. They support three
primary architectures: x86_64, i686, and armv7hl.  Do XFS devs have any
reservations about XFS as a default file system on either i686, or arm?

So far the only thing I've run into with kernel 3.13.4-200.fc20.i686+PAE will
not mount an XFS volume larger than 16TB. But I haven't tried filling a < 16TB
volume with a significant amount of data while running 32bit, and anyway it's
just easier to ask if there are other gotchas, or reservations about this
combination.

XFS (sdc): file system too large to be mounted on this system.
[snip]
XFS (sdc): Internal error xfs_sb_read_verify at line 630 of file
fs/xfs/xfs_sb.c.  Caller 0xf8b19e1c
[1]

Thanks,

Chris Murphy

[1] The too large warning happens with ext4 at mount time also. A Btrfs volume
mounts OK, although I don't know if it actually withstands significant use.
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/80784/93470280/