Here's the latest update of the finobt work. This series includes fixes
based on review of v3:
The primary changes in v4 are fixes to the transaction reservation
calculations for inode management, a refactoring of the finobt-based
inode allocation algorithm into smaller helper functions and the
addition of a warning in the unlikely scenario of reserve block pool
exhaustion due to ifree transactions (inode eviction). Minor fixes and
comment cleanups are included as requested in review for v3. Thoughts,
reviews and flames appreciated.
- Fixed up comments associated with separation of the AGI into separate
- Added warning on ENOSPC failure of ifree reservation and comment
describing reasoning for ifree being reserve-enabled.
- Removed finobt res. from xfs_calc_create_resv_alloc() (v4 sb only).
- Updated xfs_calc_finobt_res() to account for free space btrees and
enable for inode alloc. record modification scenario.
- Renamed xfs_dialloc_ag_slow() to xfs_dialloc_ag_inobt().
- Refactored the inode allocation algorithm into several smaller helper
- Fixed up comments in xfs_difree_finobt().
- Rebased to latest master.
- Fixed up unused variable warning in xfs_difree_inobt().
- Replaced a few more typedefs.
- Rebase to latest xfs tree (minor shifting around of some header bits).
- Added "xfs: report finobt status in fs geometry" patch to series.
- Separate patch to enable rw finobt support at end of series.
- Rework xfs_ialloc_log_agi() to log the agi in two distinct regions.
- Rework xfs_ialloc_btree.c changes to use separate finobt handlers
- Fix bug to show fibt2 stats data in stat proc file.
- Move finobt log reservation calculations into separate helper, made
conditional and merged to a single patch.
- Use reserved block pool in xfs_inactive() codepath instead of flush.
- Moved and cleaned up xfs_inobt_insert() to use inobt helpers.
- Enhanced lookup algorithm for allocation (xfs_dialloc_ag()).
- Refactored xfs_difree() to use xfs_difree_inobt() and
xfs_difree_finobt(), cleaned up the latter.
Brian Foster (11):
xfs: refactor xfs_ialloc_btree.c to support multiple inobt numbers
xfs: reserve v5 superblock read-only compat. feature bit for finobt
xfs: support the XFS_BTNUM_FINOBT free inode btree type
xfs: update inode allocation/free transaction reservations for finobt
xfs: insert newly allocated inode chunks into the finobt
xfs: use and update the finobt on inode allocation
xfs: refactor xfs_difree() inobt bits into xfs_difree_inobt() helper
xfs: update the finobt on inode free
xfs: add finobt support to growfs
xfs: report finobt status in fs geometry
xfs: enable the finobt feature on v5 superblocks
fs/xfs/xfs_ag.h | 36 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_btree.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_btree.h | 3 +
fs/xfs/xfs_format.h | 14 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_fs.h | 1 +
fs/xfs/xfs_fsops.c | 36 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_ialloc.c | 695 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
fs/xfs/xfs_ialloc_btree.c | 68 ++++-
fs/xfs/xfs_ialloc_btree.h | 3 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.c | 25 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_itable.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.c | 2 +
fs/xfs/xfs_sb.h | 10 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_stats.c | 1 +
fs/xfs/xfs_stats.h | 18 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans_resv.c | 53 +++-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans_space.h | 7 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_types.h | 2 +-
18 files changed, 850 insertions(+), 136 deletions(-)