Re: list spam

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: list spam
From: Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:59:57 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I don't know if anyone has noticed, but a large amount of the spam
> is directed at the deprecated linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx list aliases.
> Kill that alias, and a large amount of the spam disappears.

53/173, non-scientific, in my folders, so roughly 1/3rd of spam getting
through the nets is addressed to the deprecated address.  I agree, kill
that alias.

> FWIW, from the perspective of someone who has a lot of lists
> directing email at him, the XFS list is no worse than most others.

Maybe my vision is skewed.  The only other open list I sub is
linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  It has a little less average volume than
xfs, but only like one spam every few days gets through.

--
Stan