Re: list spam

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: list spam
From: Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:44:51 -0800
On 2014-02-18, Brent Bice <bbice@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 09:13 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> Taking a look here:  http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2014-02/index.html
>> we see 5 spams archived yesterday, and 4 so far today, and many in past
>> months.
>>
>> What can be done to keep these spams out of the archive?
>
>     Make it a moderated list... (though I'd also offer my condolences to
> the people nominated as moderators)

Since the list is backed by Mailman, there is a less extreme option:
restrict posting to subscribed email addresses.  This won't prevent all
spam, but will cut down a lot.  People will still have a harder time
emailing the list, but it'd be even harder with a moderated list, so
restricting to subscribed addresses may be a reasonable compromise.

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx