Re: list spam

To: <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Trevor Hurst <trev@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: list spam
From: Brent Bice <bbice@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:25:39 -0700
On 02/18/2014 09:13 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Taking a look here:  http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2014-02/index.html
we see 5 spams archived yesterday, and 4 so far today, and many in past
months.

What can be done to keep these spams out of the archive?

Make it a moderated list... (though I'd also offer my condolences to the people nominated as moderators)

I haven't looked at how the archives are setup or indexed or what would be required to remove individual emails from the archives (without breaking things). I believe Trev might have done this though. (I passed on some warnings about malware in the oss archives to him in the past)

Brent