Question regarding XFS on LVM over hardware RAID.

To: xfs <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Question regarding XFS on LVM over hardware RAID.
From: "C. Morgan Hamill" <chamill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:26:40 -0500
Howdy folks,

I understand that XFS have stripe unit and width configured according to
the underlying RAID device when using LVM, but I was wondering if this
is still the case when a given XFS-formatted logical volume takes up
only part of the available space on the RAID.  In particular, I could
imagine that stripe width would need to be modified proportionally with
the decrease in filesystem size.  My intuition says that's false, but
I wanted to check with folks who know for sure.

Thanks for any help!
--
Morgan Hamill