Re: xfsprogs 3.1.12 and 3.2.0 releases?

To: Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz <arekm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs 3.1.12 and 3.2.0 releases?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:30:00 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 06:22:48PM +0100, Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What's needed for both 3.1.12 and 3.2.0 releases to happen?
>
> If 3.2.0 is to be released soon then nice. Dave, AFAIK it is waiting for you
> and xfs_db crc work only?

xfs_repair work, actually. xfs_db is pretty much complete.

> If 3.2.0 is far away then it would be nice to see 3.1.12 with bugfixes only
> (for those paranoid about new stuff) but 3.1.13 very soon after that with
> backported features like project quota support, parallelism, performance
> improvements.

You're not going to get a 3.1.x release with anything other than bug
fixes in it. Indeed, separate project quota inode support requires
version 5 superblocks, so that's not ever going to be backported to
the 3.1.x series...

> Obviously I hope 3.2.0 is soon and there is no need to waste effort on 3.1.x.

The problem for me right now is that there are only so many hours in
the day....

Cheers,

Dave.
--