Re: Q: about xfs pre-allocation

To: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Q: about xfs pre-allocation
From: LA Walsh <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:12:13 -0800

On 12/10/2013 5:46 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:06:24AM -0800, LA Walsh wrote:
Could someone comment on my [mis-]understanding in regards to
what the note below said

It's mostly wrong information.

Just a suggestion: take anything advice given about XFS on lists
other than this one with a grain of salt. There's lots of people out
there who *think* they know how XFS works, but there's very few who
actually know how XFS works.
---

Well, even thinking I had a clue, I wanted to check here, cuz, things
change and I might give out totally wrong info... yuck...

I appreciate your expertise and tireless[?] efforts on a great FS.

=====
Brian,
Thanks  for the different detail and emphasis...
Sometimes I need to read something in multiple ways to fully get it
(assuming I 'get' it...)