XFS journal documentation?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS journal documentation?
From: æèç Yang Su Li <yangsuli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:55:23 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=tS09nItTTZC5PPvNZleUsax5GCy8oFqsW9jUw1S9pYk=; b=TWytJS5liTwVdBDCLKygaIYMrHglldbeILPZWJpQF5t5r/fqLC6eBs2QRCfUqorfTE KhecpuDfzUjrUwPYTUxbTohyfeST1QoIb1J+G20vKTPypolxHn6vNoFmhg+Y+PCADDjG UGKJbtHoeIvUkjHE5Vf5z7gYsipOvOkLXq0/c90rC0EANghd5N2alef5s4qABXhQu4qI omlPYHPy8v1p0m/AJXQ1tLgMfe3D4CnD1Zp3KNmmPVbdrkUgJVIjlnGfTbf2L4AZkspH 1DEg3HuJ6j3qsZBTHP4R6BxmiLVz3hBMu3IwHQAMbkhrpHA0Jip5mZ0ZWcx4WW9J7h0q luqA==
Hi,

I am trying to understand XFS a little bit better, especially its journal process. Unfortunately, I am having trouble find documentation in this regard.

The general XFS documentation (http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_Filesystem_Structure//tmp/en-US/html/index.html) has been quite helpful, but it doesn't describe the journal part of XFS. I also found some kernel documentation ablout XFS's delayed logging (https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/xfs-delayed-logging-design.txt), which talks about the journal process a bit. But it seems to assume a lot of prior knowledge of how the original XFS logging works to completely understand what the author is talking about; and the term it uses (like checkpoint) seem to have complete different meaning from, say, ext4.

So I am wondering, is there some kind of (any kind of ) documentation on XFS journaling? Ideally it will cover the major data structure and major code flow, but even a very high level, incomplete overview would be better than what I have now, which is essentially nothing. And if so, where can I find it?

Thanks a lot!

Suli

--
Suli Yang