Re: Alpha2 changelog

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Alpha2 changelog
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:16:25 +1100
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:32:23PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Here's my stab at a changelog.  If you did something since 3.11, and it
> should be highlighted but it's not, now's your chance!
>
> xfsprogs-3.2.0-alpha2 (19 November 2013)
>         - Alpha release for the purpose of testing the CRC feature in kernels
>           3.10 and newer
>         - Enable xfs_db write support and xfs_metadump support for CRC enabled
>           filesystems.
>         - Add directory entry filetype support for non-CRC filesystems.
>         - Remove experimental warnings for CRC filesystems.
>         - Ensure all inodes created by xfs_repair have a proper d_type set.
>         - Fix build on big endian machines.
>         - Properly handle symlinks to devices on various tool commandlines.
>         - Fix xfs_repair's dirty log detection for 4k sector logs, broken
>           in Alpha1.
>         - Fix a potential segfault in xfs_repair when issuing progress
> reports.
>         - Fix potential xfs_fsr failures when running w/ selinux.
>         - Update config.guess/config.sub for arm64, thanks to Colin Watson.
>         - Add FALLOC_FL_COLLAPSE_RANGE support to the xfs_io fallocate
> command,
>           thanks to Namjae Jeon.

That got reverted as the kernel parts haven't gone upstream yet.

>         - Stop wasting memory by caching inode structures in xfs_repair -
>           they are never re-used.  Thanks to Christoph Hellwig.
>         - Fix several Coverity-found defects, thanks to Li Zhong.
>         - Fix platform_test_xfs_fd to return false on special files which
>           cannot take an xfs ioctl.
>         - Sync up libxfs with kernel code.

        - improved xfs_repair performance on large filesystems
          (always use prefetch and strided AG scanning
          functionality)

> xfsprogs-3.2.0-alpha1 (26 September 2013)
>         - Alpha release for the purpose of testing the CRC feature in kernels
>           3.10 and newer
>         - Remove all vestiges of old, unsupported version 1 directory code.
>         - Add a âreaddirâ command to xfs_io, thanks to Brian Foster.
>         - Fix potential segfault in xfs_repair when creating lost+found.
>         - Zero out unused parts of on-disk superblocks during repair, to avoid
>           metadata verifier failures at runtime.
>         - Add directory entry type support to mkfs.xfs and xfs_db.
>         - Add the icreate transaction to xfs_logprint, and fix continuation
>           transactions.
>         - Print all AGI unlinked buckets in xfs_logprint.
>         - Fix mkfs.xfs ENOSPC with protofile which creates a very large
>           directory.
>         - Fix several Coverity-found defects, thanks to Li Zhong.
>         - Do all file reads in xfs_fsr using O_DIRECT.
>         - Sync up libxfs with kernel code.

        - Add support for concurrent group and project quota usage
          on CRC enabled filesystems.
        - Ensure mkfs creates log sizes that are always large enough
          for the configured fileystem geometry.

I think that covers most things. Thanks for doing this, Eric.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner