nfs vs xfstests 193

To: linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: nfs vs xfstests 193
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 03:56:48 -0800
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've noticed that xfstests 193 fails when run over NFS talking to an
XFS-based Linux server.  The test checks that we behave correctly
vs Posix 1003.1 for the various operations that end up in ->setattr.

Without the no_root_squash export flag we're not even able to run
something resembling the test as we get permission problems all through
it, see the first attachment for details.

With the root_squash export op we fail to clear the setuid/setgid
bits in various truncate and chown subtests, see the second attachment
for details.