Re: linux-3.12 userspace

To: Rich Johnston <rjohnston@xxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux-3.12 userspace
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:02:12 -0500
On 10/25/13 8:19 AM, Rich Johnston wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Dave Chinner has a 32 part userspace patchset that needs to be reviewed
> and will be committed to coincide with the linux-3.12 kernel release.
>
> Are there other userspace patches that support 3.12 kernel features that
> need to be worked?
>
> All other patches on the list will be held back until the linux-3.13
> merge window has opened.

Are you talking about holding back kernelspace or userspace patches?

We'd want to get kernelspace merged in the xfs git tree well before
the merge window, and I don't think the kernel merge window needs to
affect userspace merges.

Can you talk in more specifics (which series/patches, for what codebase)
you're proposing?

In general I think we simply have a review bottleneck, but once patchsets
are reviewed, in general, they should just get merged, especially in userspace,
IMHO.

But maybe I just need more details.  :)

-Eric