Re: xfs_repair fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found, filesyst

To: Viet Nguyen <vietnguyen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found, filesystem may be out of space
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:06:55 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 08:57:20PM -0700, Viet Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
> Me again. I've got get another corrupted drive and I'm getting a different
> error for xfs_repair:
>
> fatal error -- name create failed in lost+found (117), filesystem may be
> out of space

Error 117 is telling you that the filesystem is corrupted. i.e.
attempting to make a new name for a lost inode has resulted in
detection of a new corruption or previously undetected or
uncorrected corruption in the filesystem.

Given the amount of damage your filesystem sustained, that's not
totally unexpected, especially if you are running 3.2.0-alpha.
Can you provide more details about the failure?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner