Re: xfstests names/numbers

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfstests names/numbers
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:49:38 +1100
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Zach Brown <zab@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:24:49AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Hey all (probably specifically Dave) -
>
> Is there any patch in the works to allow non-numeric test names?
> It'd be nice to get away from the nondescript numbers clashing.

Well, I was kind of waiting for the rest of Lukas' patch that
introduced config sections to be finished and committed before
touching that same code...

> The numeric names "in service of nothing" is making Zach unhappy.
>
> And if Zach ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.  ;)

On the count of 3. 1... 2... 3...

Awwwwww, poor Zach.

:)

> But seriously, I think that was in the works, or in the plan,
> once.  Is there a patch out there somewhere?

There's a bit of infrastructure work to make it a reality - all of
the CLI parsing/validity checks assumes tests are numbered and match
a sepcific regex, as do some of the test list building functions.
That all needs to be reworked, and up until now it hasn't been a
huge priority for me so I haven't started that work yet.

You're more than welcome to hack on it if you want....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner