Re: xfs corrupted

To: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs corrupted
From: Stefanita Rares Dumitrescu <katmai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:57:47 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Since i am using centos 5.9, the version of the xfsprogs seems to be old, so i cloned the new one from sgi.

I have a machine with 4 gb ram, and 4 gb swap, and it's all been eaten up by xfs_repair, and slowed down to a crawl.

the sdc partition is the one being checked. i am all out of memory now. 4 gb phys and 4 gb swap all gone.

http://pastebin.ca/2467064

posted to pastebin for better formatting.

i was using:

[root@kp4 ~]# xfs_repair -o bhash=16384 -o ihash=16384 -o ag_stride=16 \
> /dev/sdc >& /tmp/repair.log

but now i am trying the -m option to see if the memory can be limited, so the server doesn't freeze.

[root@kp4 ~]# xfs_repair -m 3072 -o ag_stride=16 /dev/sdc >& /tmp/repair.log

nothing in dmesg either.