Re: Time for an xfsprogs "alpha1" release?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Time for an xfsprogs "alpha1" release?
From: Mark Tinguely <tinguely@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:54:22 -0500
Cc: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 09/12/13 16:17, Eric Sandeen wrote:
With all of the changes for CRC filesystems in xfsprogs git now, I'm wondering if it'd be
a good idea to do a "3.2.0-alpha1" sort of release.

I know it's not yet feature complete, but I think there would be value in
getting a version-stamped tarball out there for testing - it could filter to
rawhide-ish distros, and get a bit more airtime while the remaining bits get
worked out.

We'd probably want a nice readme about what's new and what's not yet done,
caveats, etc, but I think it'd be worth getting it out there into the hands of
willing testers, w/o requiring them to do a build from git.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Eric

Good idea, but xfsprogs is in a state that it can't compile:

Patch 31 v3 / 55 is broken. It is missing xfs_sb.c and has an extra
xfs_mount.c.

If you want it this week, we could do the corrections or wait for Dave
to repost.

--Mark.