Re: Default mkfs parms for my DVR drive

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Default mkfs parms for my DVR drive
From: Jay Ashworth <jra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 23:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Jay Ashworth" <jra@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> And this latest rsync has gotten 78G and then paused; 80G and then
> paused....
>
> 84G and then paused...
>
> 5 min LA 1.9, and the rsync is the top process.
>
> I have smartd running; no errors yet.
>
> Still watching...

Well, it's now up to 377GB, and it hasn't crashed yet.  Since the original
FSs and the new one were mkfs'd by different versions of the mkfs program,
I suppose it's possible that might have contributed to the crash in some
perverted way that running badblocks -w in the middle would definitely
prevent.

We'll see if it survives the night.

Cheers,
-- jra