Re: XFS: Assertion failed: first <= last && last < BBTOB(bp->b_length),

To: Mark Tinguely <tinguely@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS: Assertion failed: first <= last && last < BBTOB(bp->b_length), file: fs/xfs/xfs_trans_buf.c, line: 568
From: Brian Foster <bfoster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:30:55 -0400
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/23/2013 09:18 AM, Mark Tinguely wrote:
> On 08/22/13 13:28, Brian Foster wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I hit an assert on a debug kernel while beating on some finobt work and
>> eventually reproduced it on unmodified/TOT xfs/xfsprogs as of today. I
>> hit it through a couple different paths, first while running fsstress on
>> a CRC enabled filesystem (with otherwise default mkfs options):
>>
>> (These tests are running on a 4p, 4GB VM against a 100GB virtio disk,
>> hosted on a single spindle desktop box).
>
> Eeek.
>
> So both crashes are directory related. What is the top XFS kernel commit
> for these tests?

Hi Mark,

It was the latest from at some point yesterday. I don't think I've
pulled since, so I'm at:

3e3c51ce xfs: add xfs sb v4 support for dirent filetype field

> Have you seen this on earlier versions of the kernel?

Well I hit an issue first on my dev. branch for finobt hacking, which is
currently based on a slightly older commit:

2c2bcc07 xfs: call roundup_64() to calculate the min_logblks

Unfortunately I don't have the precise error/stack from that failure on
hand to double check whether it's the exact same failure. I can try to
regenerate it a bit later today.

Brian