Re: Failure growing xfs with linux 3.10.5

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Failure growing xfs with linux 3.10.5
From: Michael Maier <m1278468@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:50:55 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 8/11/13 2:11 AM, Michael Maier wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I think I'm facing the same problem as already described here:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.xfs.general/54428
>
> Maybe you can try the tracing Dave suggested in that thread?

I sent you a trace.

Meanwhile, I faced another problem on another xfs-file system with linux
3.10.5 which I never saw before. During writing a few bytes to disc, I
got "disc full" and the writing failed.

At the same time, df reported 69G of free space! I ran xfs_repair -n and
got:

xfs_repair -n /dev/mapper/raid0-daten2
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
sb_ifree 591, counted 492
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What does this mean? How can I get rid of it w/o loosing data? This file
system was created a few days ago and never resized.

        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
No modify flag set, skipping phase 5
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...

        - traversing filesystem ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify link counts...
No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

Thanks,
regards,
Michael