Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocat

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocation)
From: Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:38:10 -0700
On 2013-07-29, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The "version" of XFS that you are running is that of the
> kernel you are running. i.e. 2.6.32-279.x.y or 2.6.32-358.x.y.

Can't you fairly easily replace a kernel module with a different version
using something like DKMS?  I feel like I did that with xfs a few months
ago.  If accurate, then it's theoretically possible to run a different
version of the xfs kernel module than the running kernel version.  (And
if I'm misremembering then there really is no spoon!)

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx