Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocat

To: Jay Ashworth <jra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocation)
From: aurfalien <aurfalien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:38:34 -0700
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:mime-version:content-type:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; bh=siRpjqX6dKPUnWlsdaNrOYmvDgtHgCty7JN8423l044=; b=Lpgjb1EsH5bUh98Ty3vowQWuNPkBSXJTS6y/NuE/YO3ecrE9PqQtvLgUYOZ/1ZFxX6 cZ7WUCj5NHg6sx8yA1OzDnxi9frX6rxoEFpoT8C2IaD9Qg4Abm25hUvxWqeIycjz65gO QRfqzlsByadKlOgtztVFCgfetlNjhDh4/kbu15jbP8D9JtyNQwyXdu1f25nGr+qjg2iR k+yRw5ej2t4+UGHslz/SgeajQIHr/BsfY2E2m7LMZHUo9ABY2/wNrdhioLbzVwAJWNJW 1e6v0aiC44ZfKWDPgM5DYHRAwYjPLu79bD3/Qv1vidA2WPcuQDn+keLX+uwZYTec1cgC dbYw==
On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> [...]

Well, you'll be missing out.  Who cares what any one thinks in terms of Free vs
Fee paradigms, XFS is simply a rockin FS.

Been using it since the Irix days and never really got into any optional flags
during creation or mounting etc until now.

Actually, Dave and others who reply to my posts helped me understand what I've
been blindly doing for years and that knowledge carries over to other FS's.

I was really intrigued by his and Linus's back and forth not to long ago, some
great knowledge for sure.

This list is great so filter whats applicable and toss the rest in a bit bucket.

- aurf