Re: xfs_growfs: XFS_IOC_FSGROWFSDATA xfsctl failed: Structure needs clea

To: Andreas.Klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_growfs: XFS_IOC_FSGROWFSDATA xfsctl failed: Structure needs cleaning
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:37:15 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 04:51:03PM +0200, Andreas.Klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Quoting Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >Have you recently upgraded from an older kernel (i.e. older than 3.9)?
>
> Sorry, I think I missed this question.
>
> I update about once a month to latest stable from kernel.org.

Ok, so the verifiers have been there for a while. Next question
-when was the last time you tried to grow the filesystem?

> 3.8.5 (April) -> 3.9.0 (May) -> 3.9.4 (June) -> 3.10.0 (July 1st) ->
> 3.10.1 (July 15th)
>
> So no "older" kernels really. In case something really goes south I
> have good backups...

I happy to hear someone say that ;)

As it is, can you do an XFS event trace trace when you attempt to
grow the filesystem and send the output of the trace to me? See
here:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

for where to get trace-cmd and how to run it to gather the event
trace.

Cheers,

Dave.
--