Re: dmsetup arguments

To: alexander.tsvetkov@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dmsetup arguments
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:23:46 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 04:08:44PM +0400, alexander.tsvetkov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 06/18/13 05:26, Dave Chinner wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:51:25PM +0400, alexander.tsvetkov@xxxxxxxxxx
> >wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>XFStests suite generic/311 test fails on command: "sbin/dmsetup load
> >>flakey-test --table "0 150000001 flakey /dev/sdc2 0 0 180 1
> >>drop_writes" with error: "device-mapper: reload ioctl on flakey-test
> >>failed: Invalid argument", so as I understand the command format
> >>provided to ioctl is incorrect here. Kernel logs has message:
> >>
> >>"Jun 13 16:47:15 tests kernel: device-mapper: table: 252:3: flakey:
> >>dm-flakey: Invalid argument count
> >>Jun 13 16:47:15 tests kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding
> >>target to table"
> >What kernel and version of dmsetup are you using? If it is too old
> >to support the flakey target, then we need a new require rule check
> >for the test to avoid old versions of dmsetup...
>
> Kernel version is 2.6.39, version of device-mapper-libs is 1.02.77.

So it's an old version of both the kernel and DM, so it's probably
not been tested at all. Like I said - it probably needs a better
check in _require_dm_flakey() to determine if the test should be run
or not.

Patches are welcome...

Cheers,

Dave.

PS: please reply-to-all for mailing list traffic, not by private
email. I've re-added the XFS list to the CC list.

PPS: Top posting destroys the context of your reply - nobody has any
idea of what part of the previous message you are responding to.
Repsonding inline is much easier to follow with when conversions get
long...
--
Dave Chinner
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx